In 2013, the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) was awarded a research grant by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and partners to explore integrating environmental education into STEM learning for young people.
The research will be focused on what NAAEE calls “E-STEM” (Environment, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
E- STEM Blueprint Overview
The E- STEM Blueprint will include proposals for strategic programmatic opportunities that can:
• Enhance E-STEM in middle school and high school
• Explore how formal programming can link to community-based organizations to create more comprehensive and interdisciplinary learning opportunities
• Discover how programming can have local and national-scale impact
• Incorporate the most effective strategies for enhancing efforts around diversity and inclusion, given changing demographics and our new global economy
• Boost innovation, creativity, and problem solving
For more info on the NAAEE E-STEM initiative click on link: