Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nature: Observation, Drawing and Painting

Tiger Swallowtail - watercolor by Maya
My daughter came back from wildlife study camp today - with beautiful watercolors of butterflies she had caught and studied.  At first, she thought of making a booklet of the butterflies, but tomorrow she tells me she is going to make a mobile.

I'll post more pictures when her project is done.  It reminds of the beauty of taking time to slow down, to study and draw in the summer.

Also see the blog piece "Keen Observation" from the Junior Master Gardener's website contributor David Cain on observation and nature/plant journaling.  Maybe like you, I will be inspired, to make time and to get out some paper, the paint box and sharpen my pencils, and put the camera away for a day or two - and get outside and observe and draw!



No comments:

Post a Comment